Day one of #SMWF #NYC – Food for thought ahead of the conference action
Day one of Social Media World Forum North America 2011 is finally here. Over the next two days we’re presenting some of the leading figures in social media for sessions, discussions panels and workshops around harnessing the power of social media.
In the SMWF workshops, we’ll be exploring the broader impact social media is having on consumer behaviour examining the use for this new channel in marketing and PR, as well as monitoring ROI and building online communities. We’ve got some great speakers, with Joshua March, CEO of Conversocial chairing the action.
Here are some handy links to a bit of further reading around the agenda.
The workshop’s keynote panel session, social reputation, will be kicking off the conference at 0910 with representatives from Klout, Collective Bias and Constellation Research.
– SMWF Blog – Three steps to help manage your social reputation
– Marketing Tech News – Monitoring your online reputation with social networking
– IB Times – 10 ways to build your brand reputation online
Later at 1050 we will be joined by top advertising agencies Saachi & Saachi, Ogilvy 360 and Tri-Ultra Media who will be discussing how paid ads fit within social media. Here’s some food for thought before this session:
– Social Media Explorer – How to integrate social media with traditional media
– Blue Glass – Paid advertising with social media sites
– Search Engine Land – How to make paid social media ads effective and engaging
After the networking break at 1120 it’s straight back to business with the 2nd session of the day, Communities. Match.com, Radian6, Mashable and Yelp.com will join for a discussion on the best strategies for developing online communities at all levels.
– Online Community Report – Developing an Online Community Strategy
– Mashable – HOW TO: Create a world-class online community for your business
The afternoon will focus on applying social marketing for B2B business and will feature the keynote address from Tibbr’s CMO and Executive Vice President, Ram Menon.
– Top Rank – B2B social media, Infographic
– Social Media Today – Social Media for B2B marketing – how to get started
– Clickz – 10 steps to use social media for B2B lead generation
Closing the SMWF workshops on the first day will be case studies from global brands Bloomberg, Dominos and Diageo covering their experiences in the social world.
And of course we have our free-to-attend Social Media Hub which will be over following with top-class social media advice and insight.
We’re starting off at 1015 with our chair Greg Cargill, VP client Services, Social & Media at BLITZ followed by a 10 minutes speed networking session to help you get to know the people around you. Greg will then continue with a workshop on the fundamentals of social media providing direct value to all listeners no matter what level of involvement they currently have in social media.
– The Next Web – Fundamentals of Social Media
– Social Media Today – Back to the Basics
Later in the afternoon we’ll be on our best behaviour, when delving into at social etiquette with Sarah Carter from Actiance. Sarah will be looking at the risks posed by real-time communications on social networks and the best practices for mitigating risk.
Techipedia – The Ultimate Social media Etiquette Handbook
Business Know How – Top 12 Rules of Social Media Etiquette
So there are some things to think about today… If you’ve got something to add to any of the sessions you see, or harbour a burning question that needs answering, you can tweet it into the #SMWFQ hashtag; our panel moderators will be keeping an eye on this. Or you can earn maximum kudos by asking it directly over the Q&A mic.
Don’t forget about the official show party later this evening at Studio 21 in Chelsea. There’ll be dancing, complimentary drinks, networking, general merriment and special guest, hip-hop rapper Fabolous. Doors open at 7.30, come along: http://www.apps-world.net/northamerica/event-info/networking